Sunday, November 05, 2006

Wip's update, Questionnaire and a Thank you!

Grab a coffee, your in for a long read, lol.

First off, I'd like to thank my Sockret Pal for the e-card and postcard I received. Woot, looks like my pal may be from Germany unless she's throwing me a curve ball and had a friend send it. Either way, what a gorgeous country, the pics on the card are gorgeous.

On the knitting front, I've finished one of the worsted weight socks I've been working on, that baby just keeps dragging but started the mate last night and have the cuff done and hopefully have that baby done for the weekend. Jordan tried on the first sock and it fits great so should keep him toasty on his walk to work on the cold days.
.

I also started another pair of socks using my pattern making the leg longer and wow, it is turning out to be a quicker knit. I'm using STR's Country Clare I recieved from my KSKS swap partner Patti and the colorway is just gorgeous. This is my progress and I just started them yesterday, woot, not to shabby

I've also wound a ball of Artyarns Ultramerino up to start a pair of socks for Jordan for one of his Christmas gifts.


Still trying to come up with some ideas for other gifts, have to make a couple things for the little guys since I like to make sure they have something handmade by mommy for Christmas. Man, I can't believe I wasted so much time this summer and just realized I'm so behind on my knitting. Oh well, playing catch up is fun, we will see how fast I can bang out these socks.

Friday morning I had a pleasant surprise when I went to the mailbox to grab my paper. Lookie what I got, my STR order, Woot! One skein will be for my Sockret Pal for her Christmas package and I ordered some medium weight to give it a whirl.



The Knit Mitt Kit Swap Questionnaire:

Are you allergic to any fibers? no

What are your favorite colors? I love deep colors, reds, purples, greens etc but would love anything for mittens except for fluorescents.

Are you a new mitt knitter? How long have you been knitting mittens? No, I've only made them for my kids.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Multicolored please

What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn? Wool or wool blends(alpaca,silk etc)

Where do you usually knit mittens? home while watching tv

How do you usually carry/store small projects? project bags

What are your favorite mitten patterns? I like the wrist warmers/gauntlets I've found online

What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques? in rounds on dpns

What new techniques would you like to try? fair isle

What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens? bamboo dpns

What are some of your favorite yarns? Noro, galway, cascade, debbie bliss

What yarn do you totally covet? Would love to try a wool/silk blend or an alpaca/merino blend

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? tough call on that one, maybe a fair isle mitten pattern or a lace gauntlet style wristwarmer

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? crystal palace bamboo dpns or addi turbo circs

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? STR or any handpainted yarn

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Milk Chocolate anything or gummy candies

What’s your favorite animal? Sheep

Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts? I can go either way since I haven't made any mittens for myself yet, lol.

If you were a color what color would you be? Purple


What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Sunrise


Do you have a wishlist? Yes, Amazon on the sidebar

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? Woot, looking forward to preparing my package and having fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home