Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Hello Sockret Pal,
I hope the info I provided helps you, if you have any questions feel free to ask away.
Hugs,
Tammy
Sockret Pal Questionnaire
The basics:
How long have you been knitting? 24, yes, 24 years, ack! It just clicked in that I am 35 this year, lol.
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? Intermediate/advanced, I'm willing to give anything a whirl.

The measurements: I wear a US9 and I prefer a shorter leg, around 5-7 inches max. Let me know if you need more info.
While your pal may ask for some additional info to ensure a great fit, please provide your shoe size, or any other fitting related info you think is pertinent.

(fiber related) Favorites:
What colors do you love? For socks anything goes except for fluorescents, for everything else, it is deep greens/reds/blues and purple.
Do you prefer solids or variegated? Variegated for socks
What fibers do you most love to knit with? Wool, merino and silk/wool blends.
Who do you consider your favorite yarn vendors? STR, Lorna's Laces, Sunshine Yarns
What projects (other than socks, of course*S*) do you most enjoy knitting? Lace scarves and hats/mitts/scarves for the kiddies.

(fiber related) Dislikes:
What fibers can you not stand to knit with? To wear? I'm not to fond of acrylic anymore but still use it for my crochet swaps.
What colors would you never wear? Fluorescents and pastels

The Tools:
Plastic or Metal? Bamboo or wood? Bamboo baby!
Circs or Straights? For socks I use both dpns(prefered) and circs.
DPNs or Magic Loop? DPN's and 2 circs, for some stupid reason I can't do magic loop, lol.
Are there any knitting accessories you don't have in your collection but would like? circs(addis for socks) and more bamboo dpns for socks(any sizes), stitch markers and sock/project bags

The Extras:
Do you have a wish list? Amazon
Do you like sweet, sour or salty? (or all of the above? *S*) Sweet and Salty
Do you have any allergies your pal should know about? (Certain foods, smoke, pet hair, etc) Smoke
Favorite scents? Scents you can't stand? Vanilla and fruit scents
Do you collect anything (other than yarn and knitting toys of course)? Just started a collection of sheep-stuffed, keychains etc. and spinnable fiber
When is your birthday? (month and day is fine!) March 16
Do you spin? Dye your own yarn? I spin and only tried Kool-aid dyeing
Your favorite author/band/vacation spot, anything you think will help your pal know you better... Diana Gabaldon for author and as for band love all the 80's hair bands, that should date me some. I also love anything Medieval/Renaissance and if I could go on vacation it would be to Scotland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home