Tuesday, August 29, 2006

We have a FO in the house


Here it is, my Lorna's laces sportweight socks knit cuff down on dpns(I really suck at toe up, lol). The turned out really well and I used 52 stitches on a 3mm dpns with a round heel. I'm going to be stocking up on this sportweight for sure!

I joined Sockret Pal that is being hostessed by Dani(one of my participants in SP7) and Rachel. Can't wait, go sign up, they are only accepting 100 people!

I also joined Chrissy's(my SP7 spoiler) SAM2, missed last time and even finished my LL's socks in time for the first entry, Woot.

In SP8 news, my reveal package is still enroute to my pal-sorry customs no yarn in that package, lol but happy to hear it has arrived at the post office in her city. As for the lady I am an Angel for, her package is still listed as sitting in customs, what's up with that. Well lucky we can get free tracking here when we send out parcels so I'll be keeping my eyes on these ones. Now, for my spoiler, she gave me a few hints, so I checked out Shelby's list and for the life of me couldn't figure out who it was. She's signed her emails Kellie, so of course I check for a Kellie in the blog name and I know she's overseas too. I eliminated "Yolanda Gypsy Knits" assuming a gal named Yolanda has the blog, Not! For the past week and a half I've been reading and rereading blogs trying to find my pal and it was right under my nose. So Kellie, I found you!(and still no mail, hopefully this afternoon)

Here's a pic of my boys outside yesterday enjoying the cooler weather. Next week Justice starts Kindergarten, Woot! He's looking forward to it too, Collin on the other hand doesn't want his brother to leave. Hopefully things will go smoothly, just have to wait and see.

5 Comments:

Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Your socks look great! I haven't joined any secret pal exchanges yet, but some day I will. It sounds like a lot of fun.

7:36 p.m.  
Blogger Kellie Sweeney said...

Hi there from the UK - I have promted Brooklyn Handspun who should be sending you a pressie fro me, so hopefully it should arrive soon. Well done for guessing - I did not want to make it easy.

Take care

Kellie (Yolanda Gypsy Knits)

1:48 a.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

You can't help but love Lorna's in any weight (I know I do). Your socks look great. Our weather is cooler today but not sunny, we could get some rain from Ernesto (yipee).

9:47 a.m.  
Blogger mainiax said...

Your and sneak Tammy and thank you for everything. not just for the presents but for sticking around long after sp7 was done. oh and the presents were great too....

4:56 p.m.  
Blogger Dave said...

Great socks -- I love those colours!

10:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home