Tuesday, June 27, 2006

What a week, or two!

Wow, when it rains it pours. So hubby got paid on the 15th, same day the 2nd computer crapped out. Ok, no problem, hubby's pretty good at fixing these things but this one was from a friend and its an HP off the shelf one and a beast hubby never deals with. His plan, take another friends HP with better stuff and useable parts from ours and build a kick ass computer for himself and the babies. Yes, mine is still running. Rob spent all day on the 15th trying to fix it, things were looking pretty good and he got everything together and did the test. Nothing, not a beep or turn of the fan, nothing. I can see my yarn shopping trip going down the drain and believe me, I am so due for a good shop, not just good one of the best ever!! So, at 7:30 we pack up the little guys and head to future shop and pick up an off the shelf one, cause building one is just to expensive right now. $650 later (and that's on sale with $200 off) we head home with the new computer for Rob, the Pixar Cars computer game for Justice and Star Wars xbox lego game for Collin and me, nothing. Not a skein, needles, nothing. Fine I'll go grab something on Saturday, no biggie.

Friday (16th) night Rob has the best intentions of mowing the lawn after 2 weeks of letting it buck and with all the rain we had it was as tall as the little mini daxie we have. Plugs the lawn mower in and nothing, no half fast start, putter, stutter, nothing. I start seeing skeins of yarn flashing before my eyes and knowing damn well I haven't got a chance to get a skein of yarn or needles this payday for myself. I got everyone up before 8am and trucked on over to Sears and picked up a new electric (for some reason Rob cannot start a gas)mower and trimmer and I spent 2 hours doing yard work. Hey, I don't mind doing yard work but after 2 weeks of off and on rain and no mowing, that is a hell of alot of grass and one PO'd wife.

But not to worry, I did budget (really I included it in my budget) for yarn and a really kick ass book for my SP8 as well as some really great sock yarn from Dani over at Sunshine yarns for my KSKS swap partner. I'm designing a bag for that swap, and will be dusting off the old sewing machine this week to get that baby together. Things are coming together for those swaps. I also casted on for a gift I want to send my SP8 as well.

On the knitting front for the Knitting World Cup, I do have a design finished and one sock completed and the other I'm working the leg and hopefully will be finished this weekend but do have till the 9th to complete. I am so happy, it turned out better than I imagined and only minor frogging had to be done. The fit, wow, I know I can whip up a pair of socks using my own measurements and just a basic stockinette stitch and rib cuff and they turn out really well but these ones, I am ecstatic over them. They are being knit in the STR Citrine and it is a gorgeous colorway to boot.

Hubby's even getting in on the designing and has piped in a few ideas of stuff he would like to see made and they weren't off the wall ideas either, lol.

Sorry no pics, blogger is not playing nicely this morning. Better get some knitting done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home