Wednesday, May 03, 2006

SP8 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Sock yarns(merino's the fav), natural fibers, I do still use some acrylic(nothing splitty)for my crochet exchanges and some scarves. I'm not a total yarn snob yet! Would like to try some cotton, looks fun.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a black tool box that houses my needles and for the hooks, they are in a Kahlua can.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting since I was about 11 years and I consider myself an intermediate/advanced knitter. Willing to try anything if I've got the tools/books and online help ;-).

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes, on the side bar.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Vanilla, spice, most floral scents that aren't strong and Chocolate.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Yeppers, Milk Chocolate and gummy candies

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I crochet, spin, paint metal miniatures from reaper, D&D etc, and also wood and plaster ornaments. I also do some machine quilting and sewing for my little guys.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I love the 80's(hairbands) some of the new stuff like Coldplay, Nickelback, Sum 41, Billy Talent, (the new) Kelly Clarkson, also 60's music, please no Brittany or Christina!

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Purple(deep purples to wear), reds/burgandy, hunter green, fall/winter colors but will knit with anything except fluorescents.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I'm married to Robert and we have 3 boys(2 are at home)ages 4 & 5. We also have 2 female daschunds, Barky & Xena as well as a chinchilla named Froto Baggins.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I wear scarves, hats, mittens but not ponchos since I was a kid(didn't pick up on the Martha poncho craze I guess).

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I love making socks! Second is anything for my boys.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Socks, 5 pair on needles, a chenille blanket and 2 scarves.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Sure do!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

For socks I use both dpns and circ(addis), prefer Bamboo over aluminum and plastic.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Nope.

17. How did you learn to knit?

My grandmother taught me when I was a kid, just the basics-casting on and knit and purl. I'm self taught for everything else.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?

Coming up to a year for the chenille blanket.

19. What is your favorite holiday?

Toss up between Christmas and Halloween. Love watching the kids open gifts and Halloween love the tricks!

20. Is there anything that you collect?

Just started a sheep collection and besides my sock yarn and knitting needle collection nothing else.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

More sock yarn(prefer handpainted or multi colored) and dpns and some fibery goodness for my spinning wheel! For books please see my Amazon wish list and for knitting mag subscriptions I have Creative Knitting.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Fair Isles, intricate lace patterns for shawls and would like to attempt to make a sweater one of these days. Any easy patterns you can recommend for kids? They would knit up alot faster.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Sure am, and I wear a size 9US.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

March 16.

3 Comments:

Blogger mainiax said...

HEY go check a certain someones blog your comment worked.hee hee.
go get her girl.

talk to you soon

6:39 a.m.  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Hey. Thanks for the kind wishes. Took me a few minutes to figure out who you are - but you're my SP8 Hostess, right? :) I can't wait for it to begin, I swear, I already have purchased a few items to send off to my partner (eager - lol). This is my first SP, and I'm soooo excited!

10:15 a.m.  
Blogger Yvette said...

Why don't you post a pic or two of your dogs? We love dashys in our house.

10:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home