Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I have my first STR sock!!



Here it is in all its glory, my first sock using STR Xmas Rock. I love the way this stuff knits up, gorgeous. The colors looked awesome all skeined up but to wind it up, I wasn't to sure what it would come out like. I was a little worried, even googled Xmas rock but of course couldn't find anything knitted up. So what the hell, I started looking for a pattern, got stuck with that till I popped on over to Grumperina's blog and sure enough she had knit with some STR(not same colorway) last month and used the Yarrow Ribbed Sock pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush. I made a change and used size 1 dpns, the Crystal Palace Chrissy sent and only made a 5 inch cuff and the heel I changed to my regular heel(1st row-Slip 1,K1,sl1,etc and 2nd row-purl)and the pattern called for a German Heel. I did do the French Toe, feels good and looks good. I am very happy and will cast on for the mate after I finish this. I am loving the color, like I said I was a little leary when it was in the ball but I love the way the red circles around the leg. I think these just might be my favorite socks, or until I knit another pair of STR.

What a weekend, hardly any knitting done, especially Friday and Monday. Friday I went in to the optometrists and had my eyes dilated and what fun that was, Not! I spent most of the day unable to see, there goes knitting, reading and had to wear my shades due to light sensitivity. They say it normally last around 4 hours and for me, almost 6 hours. I'm also doing spring cleaning and once I get going on something I find it hard to stop so yesterday I was doing our bedroom and rearranging my yarn stash. Well just trying to get it all in a couple places so I can take some pics of it for "Flash your Stash" on April 1st. Check it out and sign up, it's time to flash your stash, you know you want to.

Well, that's all I got. Spring cleaning and a Sock. Happy Knitting everyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Very nice. I will also sign up for Flash Your Stash. That should be fun.

2:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home