Wednesday, February 15, 2006

SP7 Strikes Again!!





Lookie what I got in the mail today from my SP7, she is the best. I received the cutest card, 2 handmade stitch markers, love them both and they will be going on my socks I'm working on as soon as I turn the heel(sock on 2 circs, and if I don't use markers they won't be looking to hot, lol). I also received a (milk)chocolate bar from Moonstruck Chocolatier in Portland where my pal is from and this is her favorite bar and might I add this is some Damn Fine Chocolate, move over Godiva and Lindt and any other really good chocolate company, there is a new guy in town, mmmmmm. And last but not least, a little pink button with a dark haired girl and a set of sticks. My little guy(Collin) said "look mommy, you're on the button knitting" and once the little guys seen the chocolate I had to beat them off it so I could take some pics. Did I mention this is some of the best chocolate I have ever had. Thank you soooo much Secret Pal, you really made my day and I was in dire need of a chocolate fix. By the way did you make the butterfly on the one stitch marker? You did a great job and the button is now on my jacket. Thanks again.

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's day, I received flowers from hubby and since he had to work the little guys and I made cookies and cards yesterday to celebrate "Friendship and Caring Day"(they got that from Dora). I did get a little something in the mail as well, a gift to myself, 7 skeins of Color Your Own Merino sock yarn and some goodies for my SP(not shown, sorry). Now to stock up on Kool Aid and have a little fun doing some handpainting on my wool.

It is only 2 more weeks till my first spinning class!!!!! I'm so excited, I've been researching like crazy on the type of wheel I'll get, right now I'm tossed between the Louet double treadle or the Ashford traveller. Hubby's still hoping I won't be that interested and will take a pass on the wheel but I don't think so.

On the knitting front, I've casted on and have done 3 pattern repeats on another Branching Out Scarf, 90% done my SP7 gift and 80% done my socks. Pretty good, I'm hoping to get the 3 done plus hubby's socks by the time the Knitting Olympics are over. Can you hear the needles clicking away...than f*@*@ another dip in the frog pond, that is me doing the Branching Out Scarf and knitting the pattern on the wrong side. Yes, I did that to many times to count on the first one and at the last count it was over 20 dips into the pond. It was a learning experience and now I'm very fond of lace work and I'm trying to choose a lace shawl pattern that I won't get discouraged on. Any suggestions??

Time to do some knitting.



4 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

I can't believe you finished your scarf in 4 days!! I'm doing Branching Out also but I started late Monday afternoon... long story.

12:14 p.m.  
Blogger theresa said...

Have you considered a Lendrum wheel. The height on it is much more ergonomic than the Asford and it folds for travel. I tried them all at the guild and this was my favorite--and still is! You are going to love spinning.

3:43 p.m.  
Blogger Tammy said...

I was actually looking at those online. Lucky the place I will be going to take my spinning classes has a wide assortment of wheels but it will be the Louet double treadle we will be learning on.

7:27 p.m.  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Oooh ... Moonstruck! One of my favorites!

3:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home