Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I did it, I commited to the Knitting Olympics!



I am such a joiner. Yesterday, well it started last week, I've been contemplating whether or not to join the Knitting Olympics. So last night I signed up 2 hours before cut off and what you ask am I making, well we are going to "try" the Branching Out Scarf(if it is wearable it will go to my MIL for her Birthday). I will be using my Elisabeth Lavold Silky Wool in the Teal I purchased last week. Waahoo, I'm using some of my stash, now I can justify my purchases(or some of them) I made last week. I haven't tried lace except for the small attempt on my Dublin Bay socks and it did work. Many trips to the frog pond but they are done and wearable, actually more than wearable, I'm damn proud of those babies!!

Here's my attempt at training, no swatching will be done for the branching out scarf, I'm working on speed over the next few days. I started my SP's gift, a popcorn bag which will be sent as the last gift. The bag is going alot faster than anticipated and I'm looking forward to the felting(first time). I started the bag while making supper yesterday and worked for a couple of hours and a couple of hours today. I've been to busy reading SP blogs, cleaning/laundry(so I won't be bothered doing it on Friday, as per usual). Here's a pic and also casted on for my second sock on 2 circs. The first sock fits perfectly.











And here's my little guys ready to cheer mommy on as she sets out to take on the Branching Out Scarf.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I was on the fence for a long time too but when I saw a local team formed I had to jump in. Good luck on the scarf, can't wait to see it!

4:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home