Saturday, January 07, 2006

My name is Tammy and I am a yarnaholic.





I did it again, I enhanced the stash. One good thing the 5 balls of Astra Lip Pink are not for me, they are for my Aunt Margaret. Stash enhancement includes 2 skeins of Briggs and Little Tuffy, Blue Jean#91, Galway Heather worsted #620 deep red(I have been wanting to purchase this and try it out for a while and it is now avaliable at our LYS) and last but not least we have a ball of On Line Supersocke 100 Fun Color blue colorway. Now for accessories, we have Chibi needles, I was going to purchase just a regular pack of wool needles when Judy owner of Needlecraft cupboard showed me her Chibi in action. I don't know about you but my wool needles tend to grow feet and walk away. I've purchased alot of needles since I have started knitting again. We also have a set of straight cable needles, US2 Bamboo needles(I was their for Brittany Birch which they don't carry) but did substitute with(drum roll please)1-US#1 Addi Turbo circular needle, 24"long for a go at Magic Loop(one of my New Years Resolutions-to learn as many knitting techniques as possible). I sure do hope I knit faster with that Addi, I'm starting to get what the stash of sock yarn that I should deal with. I'm thinking we will go on a small yarn diet for the next 2 weeks, but that doesn't include needles. I'm seeing Brittany Birch in my future, hehehe.

The whole reason for going to the LYS yesterday was attend the "Knit and Knatter" at the Needlecraft Cupboard. I've been to shy to go before, I'd pop in during that time and do some shopping and talk to the ladies but never stay and knit. So, the other day on the Townsend Socks Knit Along yahoo group I met Mary and she is from Lethbridge as well. She knows no other local knitters and has been a little shy as well about going to these groups on Tuesday and Friday. We agreed to meet yesterday morning and it was alot of fun. I learned the German Twist cast on and seen Mary doing the magic loop method for her socks she was working on and I'm going to cast on for hubby's socks sometime this weekend. He's been wondering when he's going to get his socks and he even picked out his yarn a black/grey/white yarn(Elann's Sock it to me), not sure if it self striping though.
I will definetely be attending more of the Knit and Knatters in the future and hubby's going to try to take one Tuesday off a month so I can go to the Tuesday morning session and the Tuesday evening Sock Knitting chat group at Knitting Time.

Time to log off, I have my hostessing duties to attend to. For those of you that have signed up for SP7 matches are being done as you read this. Keep checking the SP7 website for frequent updates and don't forget to keep your blog updated so your pal can get more info on you(likes, dislikes etc) and if you have received your package(s).

Take care and happy knitting/crocheting everyone!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home