Thursday, January 05, 2006

First FO of the New Year and more yarn..



I finally finished my little guys socks Tuesday night. For some strange reason I could not finish them, second sock syndrome? I don't know, but all I had to do was 3 inches and bind off. Maybe it was because I ran out of yarn on the toes!!! Here they are pictured with a flyer I got Tuesday which just happened to be under they ball of yarn I was using. No need to panic, I had a second ball, I'm lucky kiddy socks only take 50grams.

Now that they are done I can move back into some serious sock knitting for myself. I'm starting a pair of Dublin Bay socks for myself. I had a great time making Shara's sock I now have to have a pair of my own. I'm using Lorna's Laces sock yarn in the Girly Stripe I picked up a couple of months ago from Kpixie. I have the cuff done and moving onto the leg and here they are:

This is a very nice yarn to work with, the pattern calls for 2.25mm needles but since I am such a tight sock knitter(don't want any ladders) I'm using 2.5mm.

And now onto wool purchases. I am going to be the proud new owner of 4 skeins of "Socks that Rock" merino wool from "The Fold", check it out. There has been such a rage about this sock yarn and wonderful colors, handpainted, gotta love that. 4 skeins(1 is enough to make a pair of adult socks)at 25% off I came in under $50 bucks including shipping to Canada!!!!!Sweeeeeet...;-) I have Hornstone, Cotton Candy, Spring fling and 2 small Citrine(measuring 400 yds) but billed as 325yd skein. Thanks Toni, can't wait to start knitting.

Sign ups for SP7 has ended, sorry for those who missed it but SP8 is only 4 or 5 months away!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home