Sunday, January 01, 2006

Post Christmas Carnage and New Year Resolutions




Well it has been a while since my last post and alot has happened since the 19th of December, 2005. My 2nd son, Justice had his 5th birthday on the 21st. We had a small family party for him, had his favorite takeout food "BK", a Spongebob brownie cake and giftees for the little man. I can't believe he is 5 years old, wow, where did all the time go. Here's a few pics of him and Collin with the cake & gifts. When all was said and done it went pretty well.

We put up and decorated the tree on the 22nd, I decided to omit most of my store bought Christmas decorations this year and go with mostly handcrafted ornaments. I normally have a ton of glass ornaments but now that I'm getting a little older(oh how I dread it) and doing more crafts than I did when I was younger I am going more with a "country style theme". I even had a cute little sheep on my tree to represent my knitting, who knows maybe next year will be little balls of wool.

Christmas eve was a tad hectic, I did my usual last minute sewing, managed to finish a pair of flannel PJ's for Collin and they turned out great(have to make a few more pairs).

Christmas morning the little guys found Santa's footprints starting at the door to the tree and it was sooo funny. They thought I was still sleeping and they were having a discussion whether or not it was Santa that made those footprints. Rob made them by sprinkling baking soda around a sandal, voila, Magical Footprints! I received a 3 1/2 foot tall Batman from Hubby, yes, you are probably wondering why would you get a Batman from your Hubby. I have to admit I am somewhat of a "geek", I love alot of the comic book movies even though I have never read them, I play table top wargames,paint fantasy lead/steel/plastic miniatures and I'm an online gamer who also loves to knit, crochet, sew, quilt and would love to learn to spin and learn as many fibre related crafts as humanly possible. I did get some knitting related goodies in my stocking, knitting needles, cable needle, beading supplies to make more stitch markers and some cotton yarn for dishcloths and a Handknit sweater from my dear Aunt Margaret(my very first one). Pics to follow, blogger is not playing nice. I managed to get sick Christmas day, that horrible flu that was going around took me out for the week. I'm finally feeling better but still have the lingering cough.

Onto New Years Resolutions, I found out on Thursday I have pre-diabetes and a slow thyroid. This does expain why I've been feeling like crap and why my foot is always sore(not diabetes related but thyroid related). Gosh, I feel like Humpty Dumpty sitting on the wall, waiting to fall off and have Type 2 Diabetes if I don't straighten out my eating habits. My doctor sent me in again on Friday to get retested since I've been sick and haven't been able to keep much down and haven't had sugar for almost a week, lost 10 lbs, he thinks it might make some difference with the pre-diabetes. Cross your fingers. Since receiving this news I am making a concious effort to watch my sugar intake. No more 2 cokes a day, or the jug of juice, or over-indulging in the chocolate, especially when I'm feeling down. Instead when I feel like falling off the wagon I will start a new project or buy some yarn. Hubby is ok with the plan, for some strange reason he doesn't see my buying yarn as a bad thing. Funny, if I was him I would since my yarn has a bad habit of making its way into the dining room, living room or any other room. Check out Craftylosers if you are crafty and want to lose weight.

Oh well, so on the needles we have the mate to Justice's sock, toes left, hopefully I will get to that today since my yarn stores are Closed. Damn them, Thankfully ebay is open so I bought 12 balls of Patons Kroy in assorted colors for myself and 4 balls for my aunt Margaret. As if I need more sock yarn, hehehe. I have Jordan's socks started, started the Irish Hiking Scarf the other day, first time knitting cables and wow, it is going great and it is easy, I wish I would have tried it sooner. I'm using my Mission Hills yarn, frogged hubby's scarf from the Nov.24 post. I just didn't like the way it looked and I had bought some Woolease "Charcoal" just before Xmas and he said he wouldn't mind having a scarf in that color. Mmmmm there is something wrong here, he's choosing Woolease over Mission Hills Merino Wool, oh well, his loss is my gain!

That is about it, don't forget to sign up for SP7, last day to sign up is January 4, 2006 by midnight!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelby said...

Hey Tammy,

I'm really sorry about the pre-diabetes! I had Gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with my daughter and probably will with every following pregnancy. It was horrible, really hard when all you want to eat is ice cream! I really hope you can avoid it! Good luck! -Shelby

4:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home