Monday, January 02, 2006

Stash Enhancement


I forget to tell you about my stash enhancement on New Year's Eve.

It had been a month since my last yarn purchase so I popped into one of the LYS's I know carries some handspun/handpainted yarns. Didn't have anything that tickled my fancy but I did pick up a package of 2 row counters(I keep losing my sticky notes), a ball of Noro Silk Garden(I've been coveting for a long time for fingerless mittens) in a blue colorway #234, Fortissma 100g in a purple colorway #2416 (socks for me) and 1 skein of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool Dark Blue #32 for a Branching Out Scarf for my Aunt Margaret. This will be my first attempt at the Branching Out Scarf. Total damage for a quick yarn fix, just under $50.


Here's a couple pics of my Irish Hiking Scarf and the Charcoal Woolease is Rob's scarf I just cast on this afternoon. The Woolease is so chunky I adjusted the pattern so it's one cable, 6 stitches and 6 on each side. It's turning out very well and working up fast. I was feeling a little blah, craving a coke and some chocolate I decided start Rob's scarf. Craving has passed and it is now supper time. Chicken, rice and veggies are ready. Have a good evening everyone and happy knitting!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home