Monday, February 06, 2006

Recap my Recap


Well due to the blogger outage over the weekend I lost my Friday's post(insert fist shake and foul language here)!


Here's the recap, first of all I would like to thank my SP7 pal for being so generous, Thank you soo much, you really gave me a great start to the weekend. On Friday I received a box from Amazon and inside were 2 books, Nancy Bush's Folk Socks and Knitting on the Road!!!!! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet is all I can say. I have been thumbing threw them all weekend and hubby even took a glance at the Folk Socks. He finds the history interesting but is still not interested in learning how to knit. Imagine how many socks we could make a year if he was. Oh well, my pal did say she is a Huge Nancy Bush fan and has made some of the socks in the Knitting on the Road Book.

I'm thinking I'll try the Conway, looks great and I've seen it on many blogs and I'm ready to move forward and try some more difficult patterns. I've been avoiding any intricate patterns because I'm one of those people who don't like to swatch. I really should and that is another reason why I haven't made any sweaters yet. Maybe I'm a little lazy or what I like to say it is because a Lack of Interest. I'm one of those jump in head first kinda gals and what happens happens and with knitting I can do that and the only consequences I will suffer is a dip in the frog pond or if I make a pair of socks to small I have 2 little guys who are more than willing to fight for them.

I also joined the "Buy More Yarn, you know you want it" along since I couldn't commit to the Stashalong even if my life depended on it. I am week, must buy yarn. So for those of you who have joined the stash along, you can live vicariously threw me. I'm more than willing to help out a fellow knitter/crocheter.

I did some online shopping this past week and weekend. Found some really great stuff for my SP and while I was online anyway and having to pay for shipping I picked up some things for myself too. Pics to follow as the packages arrive.

I'm signing up on Tuesday for a beginners spinning course at Shuttleworks. It's 1.5 hours away but it will be worth the drive especially to hubby. He's really wanting me to take this class(2-4 hour classes) to find out whether or not I am really interested in spinning my own yarn or will I be content dyeing the stuff from KnitPicks. I'm excited, the class includes the use of a Louet wheel and fiber, who knows since the class is on March 4 & 11, my birthday is on the 16 I just may be coming home with a Louet wheel(or other brand) the following week!!!

Have a great week everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa C..Knitter Navy Wife said...

I'm book envious! I haven't received my packages from my SP yet due to US mail incompetency (we have both sufficiently cussed them out). I could't join stashalong if I tried either. I joined the Proud to be a Yarn Addict ring http://www.ringsurf.com/netring?ring=yarnaddicts;action=list. That's more my speed! Now you'll have to buy some sock yarn to match your books.

12:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home