Monday, January 09, 2006

Secret Pal 7 Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I do prefer higher quality/natural fibers for my socks(haven't knit a sweater yet) but I still use the Red Heart and Lionbrand for some of the kids stuff and for my exchanges.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I crochet, and would love to learn how to spin(I'm trying to talk hubby into buying a spinning wheel for my B-day, he thinks I'm taking this knitting thing a little to seriously, lol)
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Right now I'm using a black plastic toolbox hubby bought.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since I was 10(24 looong years) off and on. I've been a serious (intermediate)knitter for the last 4 years.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
As a matter of fact I do have an Amazon list.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla, baking smells, soft flowery scents, nothing strong.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Ohh, just a few, also a couple or dozen milk chocolate teeth as well. Favorite candy would be anything cherry flavored.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I paint lead/metal fantasy miniatures(like on Cool Mini), sew, and quilt.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
80's music, some 60's, Alanis, Coldplay, Billy Talent, Theory of a Deadman, Sum 41, anything but rap/dance(especially Brittany). Don't mind the new Kelly Clarkson.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite colors are Dark purples(light as well) greens, blues and reds. I love pastels for socks, well just about anything fun and multi colored for socks except fluorescents.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married to my best friend, Robert and we have 3 boys, 15, 5 and 3(4 in April). We also share our home with 2 little girls, Barky(mini daschund) and Xena(standard daschund).
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I do wear scarves, hats and mittens.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I love handpainted/self-striping sockyarns(fingering weight)I'd like to try as many different brands as I can but limited to what I can get here. Lucky me I can always order online ;-)
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Anything scratchy, there are some soft acrylics out there I usually use for my swaps and stuff.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks, cables(just learned a few weeks ago), making scarves and did I mention Socks!!
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Mmmm, that is a tought one, I would have to say Socks for my boys and just started a pair for myself.
17. What are you knitting right now?
To many things, Dublin Bay socks in Lorna's Laces for me, Blanket for me, Irish Hiking scarf-me, and a cable scarf for hubby.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Love handmades, especially Christmas related
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Right now it's straight, haven't used circs that often except the blanket I have going.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo and aluminum, plastic seems a little flimsy for me.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Sure do, I wind the yarn and hubby is the swift.
22. How did you learn to knit?
My grandmother taught me the basics when I was 10 and I've been using books and the Internet(gotta love the net) to teach myself socks, cables etc.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
My blanket-9 mths old
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Batman(love Christian Bale), Spiderman(animated) and Marge Simpson(we have alot in common) and for animals I would have to go with dogs.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, I love giving gifts especially handmade and just watching the kids enjoying all their gifts.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Myth and Magic figurines, anything Medieval/Renaissance, Handmade Christmas ornaments (I'm going with a country type theme)for my tree and Sock yarn.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Creative Knitting
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Trekking XXl, Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn, Mountain Colors Bearfoot, Brittany birch needles and some easy lace patterns for shawls would be nice, check out my Amazon list for books.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Lace, I must teach myself that as well as fairisle and socks on 2 circs.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Sure am, I'm a size 9 US.
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 03/16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home