Monday, January 09, 2006

Hi SP (*wave*) and WIP's

Just want to give a shout out to my Secret Pal *waving*.

Being one of the hostesses for SP7 is turning out to be alot of fun. I like having the blogs to read and getting to know everyone in my group as well as those participating in the event. I hope everyone has a great time and makes some new friends out in Blogland, I know I am. I'm actually starting to come out of my shell a bit when it comes to chatting in my yahoo groups and stuff.

Now onto some knitting, I was able to do a 12 rows on my Dublin Bay sock but had to frog back 8 because I shorted a stitch, what a pain. It is a simple lace pattern and very small to boot but heck if I can get it straight. Thinking to much about the SP7 event I guess, making my list of things to get my SP whom I almost forgot to email in all this excitement. Some SP I'm going to make this round if I can't even email my own pal!

Back to knitting, I'm going to cast on for a pair of socks for hubby, he still hasn't received any so he's picked some black multi colored yarn from Sock it to me from Elann. I'm going to try it on a circular needle(just one sock on one circular) but won't try the toe up yet. I'd like to get some work done on my blanket as well and the shawl for my aunt has been frogged. Just wasn't doing it for me so I have some Elizabeth Lavold silky wool(blue) set aside for a Branching Out scarf for her. I will tackle that next month once things calm down here abit.

Right now I'm in the process of reorganizing some rooms in the house. We have just put together one that is the computer/entertainment/yarn storage room. I have a big white cupboard that will be housing some/most of my stash instead of it being spread out through out the house in totes, bags from the store and the big Ziploc bags. Hubby was having a hard time getting to the closet in our bedroom for his clothes, wading through 4 XL ziploc bags full of yarn.

Have a great day everyone and happy knitting!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home