Monday, February 13, 2006

Extra, Extra, Tammy takes home the Gold!!!!


Yes, it is true, never thought it would happen in a million years but it did. I finished my very first lace project in 4 days!!!!!!!(jumping for joy)

I finished at 2:30pm this afternoon and the Branching Out scarf is ready to hit the tub for a soak and then blocking. I didn't think I could do it, especially the first pattern repeat took 4 times to get started and I was almost ready to scrap it and start a pair of socks!! I know that was something I could finish in 16 days but I pushed on and here it is, the scarf of the hour, drum roll please.... Tammy's very first lace project "The Branching Out Scarf"(preblocking). I'll block it tonight after the boys go to bed and more pics to follow.

Since I still have 12 days left for the Knitting Olympics I'm going to cast on for another Branching Out Scarf, yes, I'm feeling a little cocky and who knows maybe get 3 done if I push myself. I do have 3 more skeins of the Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool kicking about, "Branching Out scarves for everyone", lol. Watch, with this new found confidence I'm bound to fall flat on my face but I do have one lace project under my belt and that is something to be proud of. I'll take it to Knit & Knatter on Friday and show it off.

I'm so giddy, I better get another skein balled up for later, maybe the purple I bought months ago for myself.

Good Luck to the other knitters participating in the Knitting Olympics. Weekend news to follow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Wow that was fast! Nice job! :)

5:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home