Monday, March 06, 2006

Weekend Update

Wow, what a week. Friday I spent most of the day running around, shopping, eye appointment(found out that the prescription I'm currently wearing is to strong) and getting psyched up for Saturdays spinning class. It was awesome, I love it and will be purchasing a wheel, still doing research and price checks but it looks like it will be the Ashford Traveller. In hubby's price range plus I can add a bunch of nifty things to it and it is so cute!


Here's a pic of my first hand spun wool, 2ply and it turned out awesome. The teacher, Ruth Blazenko was very happy. The mini skein hangs down right and no over twist. All I can say is Sweeeeet!!!! I was working on my second skein before class ended so next class I have to ply, gosh I love it, plying my own wool that I spun!!!!!! Happy, Happy here in Alberta. I forgot to bring my camera to the class and I also wanted to take pics of the store as well.

Let me tell you about the store, shelves and shelves of Lamb's Pride and it was the first time I've set my eyes on it too. Kal, the owner, carries most/all of the Brown Sheep line and almost all the colors plus various other yarns and roving not to mention spinning wheels, books, and the wall of Addis, I was in heaven. My heart was a racing I tell you, lucky me I don't have high blood pressure because it would have been thru the roof. I fondled yarn for an hour and left with 2 skeins of Nature Spun in blueberry and nordic blue(the little guys want hats)and 4 skeins of Wildfoote Sock Yarn in Rhapsody and Geranium. How could you not go home with out buying some sock yarn especially since he carries all the colors of Wildfoote!!!!hahahah, I know I said no more sock yarn purchases but I had to make an exeption especially since I did travel 2 hours to get there plus another 2 hours home. Yarn was fondled the whole ride home and wow I can't wait to cast on with the Wildfoote, it is very soft and the colors. I'll have to peruse my books(Knitting on the Road and Folk Socks) my SP bought me last month to pick a great pattern to use with one of these colors. Here's a couple of pics of my little haul.




On the knitting front I do have a FO to flash, here's my first attempt at a sock on 2 circs using a pattern I made up as I went along knitted with Online, don't remember the color but it patterned up nicely. This was the yarn meant for hubby but he wasn't to into it so I laid claim to it. I also have one sock done, only took me a day to knit(not a full 24 hours, well you know) in Artyarns Supermerino and what gorgeous yarn to work with. I'm in love, it is unbelievably soft and to wear, wow. I plan on wearing the first sock while wearing the mate tomorrow, maybe that will put my rear in gear and get another pair of socks done before the end of March. Thank you Kat, my first ever Secret Pal I spoiled from SP6, for introducing me to Artyarns Supermerino. That is one of her favorite sock yarns and I now know why. For all of you sock knitters out there pick up a couple skeins you won't regret it.


Well, that's all I've got for now. Have a great evening everyone!!! Happy knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home