Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Not Enough Knitting Time and Contest

What a fun long weekend, NOT!! I didn't get a chance to knit all weekend except this afternoon in between washing, folding and putting away laundry and watching my boys. I did get my SP7 gift finished, well almost finished. I have to felt it which I'll do tomorrow.

I am so bagged, what a weekend. Hubby was off on Friday so we dropped off a bunch of stuff for donations to the women's shelter and yarn(acrylic) to the seniors at the hospital. I went to a furniture store just to do some pricing and see if they had anything I liked for the living room and came out with a couch, loveseat and bunkbeds(heavy duty steel) for the little guys and everything came to $816 including tax. Couldn't resist those prices with 40% off, now if only the LYS would do that.

Speaking of LYS I am on a sock yarn diet, there will be no more sock yarn purchased by me till I knit 20 pairs of socks(does not include gifts, hehehe). Why 20 pairs, well I bought a little cabinet( 48 inches wide x 60 inches high) for my yarn thinking I could hold all the wool except acrylic in it but it is big enough to hold my sock yarn stash, some of my wool, my new roving and dyeing supplies. You know I've only been sock knitting since September 2005 and that is about when I started purchasing sock yarn and what I've accumulated since then is amazing. I just found another box hidden away with 6-50g skeins for 3 more pairs of socks.

I think I'll have a little contest and the prize will be a 100gram skein of Opal sock yarn from my stash.
Here's the question: How many pairs of socks could I make with the stash I have? It includes the 100gram skein up for grabs as well as the KnitPicks dye your own sock yarn(back row is piled up with the 50 gram balls and the good stuff in front).

Here's a little flash of the sock yarn stash to help you out.

6 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

I guess 24. Hi! I don't remember how I found you. It probably has to do with the Branching Out you did for the Knitting Olympics. Mine is ... less than done. Ha.

9:37 a.m.  
Blogger Steph said...

I'd guess 32 pairs? Thanks for the comment on my blog - maybe I'll get my 2nd ball of sock yarn this way. ;-)

5:10 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

I say 36 :) (And it's wrong, I can tell you right now.)

10:53 a.m.  
Blogger Nic said...

45 pairs. That's my guess... and I am sure I have changed whatever number I ended with at least 7 times before I pressed the publish button to commit

9:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was cruising the knit blogs and came across yours.. how fun .. so I thought I would guess.. I would say at least 60 pairs..because I see the bigger skeins and I am thinking lots of ankle socks as well *lol*

5:16 a.m.  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

My guess is 42 - the answer to life, the universe, and everything!

10:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home