Thursday, March 09, 2006

What a package!!!!




I'm still trying to get over the amazing package I received this afternoon from KT. You ask, why would I even want to get over such an amazing package filled to the brim with fibery goodness. Well I've got to get one of these amazing yarns on the needles and cannot decide which one. They are all shouting extremely loud "Choose ME!!!" and here I am fondling every single skein and trying to be careful not to drool on any one skein.


Here's what I received, some beautiful Lamb's Pride in 3 different color, Blue Blood Red, Purple and Rust, all great colors and are much deeper shades in person. We have some Cascade ECO +, Cascade 220 in two deep reds, pics do not do it justice. Also in the mix is some Three Waters Handdyed Alpaca/wool blend in a pretty pink, 2 skeins of Fortissima Socka in red, Colinette cotton/wool blend which I've only seen pics online and wow, should it be a hat or scarf, I can't wait to get it on the needles. I also have 3 skeins of Alpaca in a rusty/pumkin color which is calling out to be a lace scarf, speaking of lace I have some Kidsilk Haze in a Dewberry(purple), enough to make a Kiri and last but certainly not least, making its permanent home in Lethbridge, drumroll please.... 4 skeins of Koigu. I've never laid my mittens on any of these fine fibers till this afternoon and will take great care in picking out the perfect patterns for all. This was a welcoming addition to my stash and I'm like a little kid in a candy store trying to decide which to taste first. Any suggestions????

Thank you so much KT for the beautiful fibers you've given me. They are all the perfect colors(no overdying needed but will try that with some yarns I have in my stash) and one must have color in their life, no boring black or whites. You should see my home, very colorful, the purple wall in the background, that's in my bedroom ;-).





I am off to play with my new giftees. Pics tomorrow if I can figure out which to use first. Have a great evening everyone!!!! Thanks again KT, you are wonderful!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

Wow! Lucky you!! I wouldn't know where to begin either. You live in Lethbridge? Isn't that a little town in Alberta? Grain silos by the road? I have ... or had anyway ... relatives there. My grandfather was from there and my great aunt Lillian and uncle George lived there ages ago. I had second cousins too but I can't remember their last names. I should ask Dad. His cousin is (was) named Leslie and he had a wheat farm a little ways out of town, if I remember correctly. Small world!!

10:16 a.m.  
Blogger Shelley said...

No ... on second thought I think I am thinking of Warner.

1:30 p.m.  
Blogger Tammy said...

It's a city(not very big in my standards,and I think of it as a town too, I'm from Edmonton) but Warner is a small hop away(hubby says) and lots of grain silos everywhere in Alberta. Small world alright

1:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home