Tuesday, May 02, 2006

New Month and no more Funk

I'm back after a 2 weeks of getting my act together and making sense of everything.

With Jordan I've just decided he will be what he'll be and that is his choice to make. I can try to reason with him till I'm blue in the face and it won't change things so it is done, no more trying to change things there.

To mark this change I've taken his old room and turned it into a computer/office/tv room. I pulled everything out and I mean everything, right down to the big stand alone closet. Washed the walls and carpet and painted it Juneberry(a medium purple,not like Barney, lol, from Behr paints, same as my bedroom) on 1 wall and the bottom half of 2 walls, the top and other wall are painted Drowsy Lavender(a white with a hint of Lavender, color of my bedroom ceiling). It looks awesome and makes me very happy everytime I enter the room plus purples are supposed to enhance creativity so yes I have started knitting in here. The room is not completely finished, still moving stuff in but as a treat and a pick me upper from hubby, I got a new l-shaped desk I've been eyeballing from Staples(plus it was on sale-50 buck off). The old closet I'm using for craft/yarn storage, still lots of room left so I'll have to start enhancing the stash once again ;-).

Besides the painting and reorganizing of the new room I've also been doing cleaning and trying to pair down and some of our crap. I managed to take a bunch of stuff to the local women's shelter and I have some yarn(wool and acrylic)to take to the hospital again, not as much as last time but every little bit helps.

Also in life changing news I've been trying to decide what to do with myself. I'm down one child and our Justice will be going to Kindergarten in September and it'll be just Collin and myself for 4-1/2 days a week. Do I savour the peace and quiet with only 1 child or do I seek something else to do with the extra time I'll have. I've picked the later and no I'm not having anymore kids(I'm fixed)! I was contemplating getting another dog but hubby's not really for that idea. I've always wanted a little Bichon/Shitzu, we'll see. Back on topic again, I've decided to create my own little business. I haven't done anything like that since we left Edmonton and I had my own little Cake Decorating business from home which was just started to fly when we moved, drats. I'm just working a few things out and will post more details as they surface, till then keep an eye out.

SP8 is upon us and the hostesses are now in the process of making matches, keep an eye on your emails if you're participating.

Thank you everyone for your support and kind words, they really helped me deal with everything going on. I'm back and ready to push forward, things can only get better, right.

Happy Knitting!!

2 Comments:

Blogger queen said...

Things sound great. Hope your life continues forward with grace and happiness.

2:27 a.m.  
Blogger This Weary Traveler said...

Glad to see you back!

6:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home