Thursday, March 30, 2006

Finally a Post





Yes, I suck at blogging this month. Just to much going on this past week and to sum it up it has just been "Crappy", I could describe it differently but that would be to much editing.

There are a few good things that did happen since my last blog, I picked up and assembled(what a production that was) my new spinning wheel. There are no pieces left over and it does spin :-) very well, I might add. I also purchased 6 ounces of roving(my new obsession), some Shetland, Rambouillette and some wool/angora/mohair blend and I'm all out. Spun everything up and I'm very pleased(more like running around, jumping for joy happy) that it turned out. It's all a blend of thick and thin, trying to figure out what I like best and what the wheel could do plus working with fibers I haven't used before. All I can say is "Kick Ass" and "Sweet"(southpark fan in the house). This will give my sock yarn stash a rest now, must stock up on spinning fiber.

On the knitting front, I frogged my Xmas rock mate, to tight. Never knit when you are tense but I'm going to cast on after I finish this post.

I also received my Neapolitan sock yarn from Dani over at Sunshine yarns, she also included 2 matching stitch markers, very cute. I'll finish my Xmas rock sock and cast on with that next.

My secret pal that I've been spoiling the last 3 months received her last package with my reveal, go say "hi" to Juli if you get a chance.

I had a great time, had really great pals and because I had such a great time participating as well as hostessing I will be doing it all again for SP8. I've made some really great friends and hopefully one day we can meet in person and do a "Stitch and Bitch".

Check out the SP8 blog, we are taking sign ups till the end of April. Please read the rules, changes have been made.

Have a great day everyone and happy knitting!

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Awesome! I'm jealous. Spin away! :)

12:03 p.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

Your wheel and your handspun are both gorgeous. I'm glas you're going to be a hostess for SP8! Have lots of fun!! :)

2:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home