Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Knit Sock Kit Swap Questionnaire


Knit Sock Kit Swap
The Questionnaire:

What are your favorite colors?
Deep purples/greens/reds and blues. But for socks almost anything goes for me, except for fluorescents.

Are you a new sock knitter? How long have you been knitting socks?
Not that new, 10 Months

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
Multicolored please

What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn?
I'm enjoying the Merino right now, very soft.

Where do you usually knit socks?
At home/in the yard or at the park with the kids.

How do you usually carry/store small projects?
I've got a small travel knitting bag I picked up at Michael's craft store.

What are your favorite sock knitting patterns?
I like the Dublin Bay or anything with some lace or patterning to it that is well written.

What are your favorite sock knitting techniques?
I love both DPN's(Bamboo) and a sock on 2 circs.

What new techniques would you like to try?
Must get the courage to try magic loop(have the booklet but haven't read it yet) and either 2 socks on magic loop or 2 socks on 2 circs and toe up(still haven't found a pattern to try for that).

Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting?
I love them both.

What are some of your favorite yarns?
I love the STR, Lorna's Laces, Artyarns Supermerino or Ultra Merino or anything with a tight twist and colorful.

What yarn do you totally covet?
STR or some brand I haven't tried before like Trekking, Shaeffer Anne or some of Mama E's gorgeous yarn.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
Something that wasn't boring and one I could learn a new technique on, I can only do stockinette for so long, lol.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? Crystal Palace Bamboo DPN's and Addi Circs.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? STR, so colorful and you never know how it's going to knit up.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
Milk Chocolate,gummy treats that are berry flavored or coffees.

What's your favorite animal?
Alpaca

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages?
2 female longhaired daschunds, 2 yr. old mini named Barky and a 1 yr. old standard named Xena.

If you were a color what color would you be?
Purple, I find it inspired my creativity.

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else's)..
hubby's old beer t-shirt with paint stains from painting the interior of the house(with all my favorite colors on it)

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
Colorful wildfowers and sunrises.

Tell me the best quote you've ever heard or read.
Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me. Carol Burnett

Do you have a wishlist?
Amazon on the sidebar

Anything else you'd like to share with the group today?
If you have any questions, just let me know. Happy Knitting!!!







You Are an Espresso

At your best, you are: straight shooting, ambitious, and energetic

At your worst, you are: anxious and high strung

You drink coffee when: anytime you're not sleeping

Your caffeine addiction level: high

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

Hi Tammy --- I'm not in your sock swap, but I have a couple of links for you. There's a "magic" cast-on for top-up socks and it shows in detail how to do two at once.
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/FEATmagiccaston.html
And then here's a generic toe-up sock pattern. I just ignore the toe part and use it for the heel.
http://www.wendyjohnson.net/blog/sockpattern.htm
Actually, 2 at a time makes me nuts because of having to untwist the two balls of yarn, but go for it!
Shelley

10:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home