Monday, October 23, 2006

Woot! Super Dupper Shopping

Take a look at the newest additions to my stash.

We have some gorgeous Malabrigo in Emerald Blue, now avaliable at the LYS (and it's about damned time too.) I almost fell over when I found it tucked between some Noro. This is definetely some yarn that should be put out for everyone to fondle and fondle I did till I picked 2 skeins to bring home. One just wouldn't have cut it, lol. I also purchased earlier last week at the same LYS, 4 skeins of Patagonia Nature Cotton(on sale 1/2 price at 6 bucks a skein how could I not bring some home) and it to is so soft.

Since I fell of my own little "Stash-A-long" wagon I've been on since our major purchases for the home the past 5 months I thought it wouldn't hurt to do some online shopping as well, he he. I purchased some STR, only 2 skeins and over at Little Knits I picked up 5, yes 5 gorgeous skeins of sock yarn. I've got 2 skeins of Cherry Tree Hill in Jewels (one will be used for my Sockret Pals socks), 2 skeins of Fleece Artist in Wildflower and Pinata and last but not least some Schaefer Anne. All these gorgeous yarns are new to me, unfortunately I cannot get them without mail order or maybe a trip to Calgary but that's not happening anytime soon. What wonderful yarns and all are so very soft and the colors are beautiful. For those who haven't checked out Little Knits you must, quick shipping and just an overall super shopping experience. Thanks Sue!!

On the knitting front, almost finished the worsted weight socks I started at the beginning of the month. Yes, I know, I should have finished them long ago but hey, I'm using a boring color, no handpainted and it lost my interest very quickly. Now that I have all this gorgeous yarn here and some on its way I must get my butt in gear and get going. I also have been working on a couple scarves, frogged one I was doing in the Patagonia, didn't like the way it was curling so I frogged and restarted in the basketweave stitch. Looks much better and once it's done I'll decide who will be the recepient of the scarf. I want to make something for Justice's teacher and the 2 aides, what great women they are. I also have a scarf for one of the boys on the needles I mentioned a few posts ago but just not liking the way it looks. The Nature Spun just isn't what I expected, I guess I was hoping for something with more substance so that will be taking a dip in the frog pond and may become a hat or something.

I'd also like to say "Hi" to my Sockret Pal who's been great. We've been in contact via email and what a lovely woman to talk to.

The boys are feeling a ton better, those colds sure took alot out of them. I volunteered at the school for Justice's Special Day where I come in as a helper and serve the snacks to the kids and help the teacher when needed and just observe Justice in class. I had a super time, brought back great memories of Jordan when he was in Kindergarten. Another great thing, I had grown women to talk to, can you believe it! I'm looking forward to next month unless hubby takes a turn and goes in, lol.

So much for pics, will try again later when blogger is cooperating.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Tammy,
I don't have an email address for you so I'm contacting you through your blog. Thank YOU Thank YOU Thank YOU!

I received my surprise package tonight and it's unbelievable! You really are too generous! I was thrilled to get knitpicks natural yarn, I just told a friend today that I wanted to try dying. And the bag! and the sock yarn, and the stitch markers...WOW! I love it all. I didn't have any fancy stitch markers and I didn't have any knitting cards, you really could not have sent me any better items. I'll be sure to post some pictures on my blog about the package this week.

Tanya

3:01 p.m.  
Blogger Tammy said...

Woot!! So happy to hear you received and are enjoying your goodies. I had a great time assembling your package and so happy to hear I read your mind with the dye your own yarn, lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished dyeing project, who knows you may be on etsy! By the way, your shawl is gorgeous.

4:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home