Friday, January 04, 2008

Belated Happy New Year!

Well I welcomed in the New Year with packages galore and they just keep coming. First off I received my yarn I ordered at the beginning of December to dye up for my etsy store. I was so hoping to have a Boxing Day sale but instead I'm having a Happy New Year sale. All sock yarns have been reduced by $4.00 and I just updated with a bunch of new colorways including my little tribute to the Harry Potter books.




I have a huge Thank You going out to Carolynn, my Harvest Sock Swap pal who sent me the absolute best package to welcome in the New Year. Carolynn put alot of time into this package and instead of a Harvest themed package she went with my all time favorite author Diana Gabaldon's series the Outlander. She included 6 gifts based on the 6 books, first off is the Outlander, signed by Diana to me! Unfreaken believable, I almost fell over when I opened the cover to see the bookmark. Hubby thought that was so cool too. 2nd-for the Dragonfly in Amber book I received dragonfly stitchmarkers. 3rd-Voyager, an Asian inspired DPN roll, already housing my favorite dpns, US 1's. 4th-Drums of Autumn, a small beaded pouch in rememberance of Nayawenne. 5th-Fiery Cross, Firestarter socks in STR Metamorphic(woot and the sock fits perfectly). 6th-Breath of Snow and Ashes, White, Grey and silver yarn which will become my winter hat, something I've been wanting and needing to make for myself for some time now. It also goes great with my new winter coat :) and some delicious shortbread and Starbucks coffee. Thanks again Carolynn!




I have another (belated) Thank You to my Monkey Swap pal Jen who sent a pair of beautiful Monkey socks in a gorgeous neopolitan colorway. I also received some adorable monkey giftees, lotion(always needed) and a cute Monkey notebook. "Hank" the monkey is starting to grow and my little one Collin is just loving it, he is a huge monkey fanatic. Jen also ordered some yarn from DK knits which I received today in the Plums and Pears colorway with some body butter. The yarn is beautiful and I've been wanting to try her yarn for some time now. Thanks so much Jen for the wonderful package.

Also in the news, I am designing and dyeing the yarn for Robyn over at Robyn's Nest for her February sock club. I am very excited and the colors are awesome.

Family update: Justice got sick Christmas Eve and is finally getting over the flu, Collin managed to get thru Christmas unscathed but welcomed in the New Year sick as a dog. Myself and Hubby we welcomed in the New Year playing WoW and I was dyeing yarn at the same time, lol. Talk about multi tasking. Now if I can only work in blogging regularly for 2008 I will be truly amazed.

As for Christmas I made out like a bandit, I received a new Sony camcorder, the one with the hard drive so no messing around with tapes and such. My daxie stitcharkers hubby ordered arrived yesterday as well as some Yarn Pirate yarn from my son. I also received the new Harry Potter movie from the little guys which attributed to the inspiration for my new colorways.

Time for a little knitting before bed. Happy New Year!

4 Comments:

Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Your kit is already up for sale Tammy!

Here is the link!

http://www.robynsnest.ca/xcart/home.php?cat=260

9:37 a.m.  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

I can't tell you how glad I am that you like everything! :) And I'm so glad the sock fits -- you could probably knit all of yarnissima's patterns without alteration...I'm so jealous! lol

8:28 p.m.  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Wow, Tammy, you sure got some awesome packages there! If you send your yarn to South Korea, I will try to order some the end of February or beginning of March...since I'll be gone to Egypt for February and won't have anyone around here to bring in any mail I might get. If not, then I'll wait until I get home to Canada in September and place an order then :o)

6:32 a.m.  
Blogger Bev Love said...

You have been very lucky in your previous swaps. I hope you are enjoying the HSKS4 too. Don't forget to post, and go for the Parseltongue button!

Cheers,

Bev aka paletpc
Slytherin Prefect

9:50 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home