Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Socks, Socks and More Socks!



Were do I begin, how about Socks. That is all I have been doing the past week and a bit are knitting socks. I got 2 pairs done in that time and one pair was actually knit in less than 3 days for a grand total of 3 pairs of socks this month, Woot. Before I forget, I'd like to thank the ladies who popped by my blog and wished me a Happy Birthday. Thank you!

My Sockret Pal socks are done and sent, this was a big panic cause I was almost finished the original pair when it happened. The disaster I was hoping I would not have to face, I was so careful too. My pal has allergies to dogs, so I made sure that the socks/yarn were in a ziploc bag at all times when I wasn't knitting on them. I also confined my knitting on these socks to the dining room table to ensure no contamination, lol. But on Monday night last week I was feeling a bit cocky and with my freshly washed lap quilt calling my name and a movie in the dvd I thought what the heck, I'll knit on the couch. I made myself comfy and proceeded to knit and it happened. I fell asleep, yarn on the ziploc bag beside me, out in the open and I wake up hours later to find Barky asleep on the socks/yarn and one dpn missing. My Barky is a little miniature black/tan long haired Daxie who is just starting to shed a bit. I screamed, she jumped and as my luck would have it it is covered in fur. I tried picking it out and thought about washing it but being in the time crunch I shelved the monkeys and started a new pair last Tuesday. This pair turned out so pretty, I used STR Watermelon Tourmaline and a basic sock pattern and they were finished Friday night, I should say 4 am Saturday morning. Not to shabby, now it's just cross my fingers and hope they fit ;).


Here's a pic of my Knit Off Socks/Project Spectrum project for March, done in Koigu on US 2 dpns. Wow, was this tough to get done. Saturday was practically no knitting at all, all my plans went to pot when hubby got called in to work and I had groceries and running around to do. I got about 3 inches done on the leg and passed out. Sunday and Monday were both late nights, I finished these babies at 2 am this morning. Not bad, I would have been done sooner but since my books arrived yesterday I ended up spending hours pouring over them. Not a good idea when your in a Knit Off, lol. The do look pretty damn good if I do say so myself.



Here's some mail I received last week and yesterday, first is my books I ordered from Chapters. We have Sensational Knitted Socks and Artic Lace. I also received some of my birthday loot orders. Check out the STR and Sunshine Yarns Collection, gorgeous or what.



Last but not least a Big "Thank You" to my Secret Sister for a wonderful Package once again. Check out the goodies.

2 Comments:

Blogger Secret Knitter 2007 said...

Wow...3 pairs of socks done. That is awesome! Glad you were able to get another pair done up for your pal in time - minus the dog hair that is, lol.

I am drooling over that gorgeous yummy yarn....

I'll be sending out a little something in the mail in the next couple of days. Will let you know exactly when so you can look for it. Hope you'll like it.

7:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the package!!! I love it all. What a bummer about the whole sock/dog fiasco. :) Thanks for being so careful for me. It means a lot. I would never have guessed you had a dog. :)

2:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home