Saturday, March 31, 2007

I'm Taking the Plunge


I'm all signed up and ready to knit 52 pairs of socks in one year starting April 1st. Nope, this is not a joke and there is a KAL going, check out the "52 Pair Plunge".

Here's a pic of some of my sock stash all ready to go. The real good stuff is on the yellow blanket(STR, Sunshine Yarns, Fleece Artist etc) and I still have a bunch of sock wool from my Aunt in a cupboard which just may head to the hospital for their knitters with assorted acrylic I have for them.




Monkey sock update, spent all this week picking fur out and trying to blow it out the the hair dryer. What a process this has been and I really don't want to frog them, one just needs toes and the other is half the foot.

Still waiting for my SP10's giftees to arrive, I'm on day 10 and one package is coming from BC, the next province over. We will see what arrives first, the 2 packages I ordered 10 days ago or the stuff I ordered yesterday.

Back to the monkeys, and wait till midnight to cast on for a new pair of socks, Woot!

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I saw your post on 52 and had to come see your yarn stash. WOW I'm so jealous.
I will need to shop for lots more yarn to knit up all 52 pairs.

7:14 p.m.  
Blogger Barb said...

WOW you have some beautiful yarns :) Hi from Edmonton :)

8:32 p.m.  
Blogger Secret Knitter 2007 said...

Wow, look at all that gorgeous sock yarn! Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't think about sending any, lol! A girl can always use more sock yarn thought, right? I know I can!

Wow, you are more adventurous than I. There is no way I could do 52 socks in a year...I'm too slow, lol! Good luck!

Secret Knitter

8:05 p.m.  
Blogger Marisol said...

Wow this is Unreal! You are going to be a sock knitting machine:) I can't wait to see all the lovely socks you will be making with all that scrumptious yarn:)

11:32 a.m.  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Holy CRAP! And here I'm thinking I'm pushing it with a pair of socks a MONTH!!

BTW - check out AstridsDutchobsessions.com - you can get enough Kaffe Fasset designed regia sock yarn to keep you occupied for the whole summer!

7:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home