Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Where's my mail?

Well, for the last 2 weeks I have been stalking my mailman in hopes he will be delivering a lovely package from my Sockret Pal, who also has been waiting patiently for it to arrive. As of today, nothing and she sent it from overseas in the middle of last month, unbelievable and it's not even Christmas shipping time. I'm wondering if my mailman is a knitter and has been feasting on my fibery goodness for the last couple weeks, hmmm, unless it is being held hostage at customs and we all know those guys love the yarn.

In good news I have a few things to post about, I finally got my delivery of fibery heaven from Dani over at Sunshine Yarns. I have to tell you the colors I ordered are just amazing in person. I can't wait to cast on using the Christmas morning, that one as soon as I seen it in her etsy store I had to order. Here's a pic, we have from left to right are True Blue(Not so Solid collection), Christmas Morning, Pretty in Pink NSS and Steel NSS. Sorry, no pic, blogger has developed an attitude once again. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

I've earmarked the pink for my Sockret Pal's socks I will start on after Christmas, the Blue is for my Aunt(I'm going to ease her into handpainted yarns, shh, don't tell anyone she only uses Paton's Kroy/Regia or Regia cottons for socks and has never tried merino or alpaca), the steel will go to hubby and the Christmas morning for me. Thems a whole lotta socks to knit before Christmas, lol. Tammy's knitting sweat shop is open for business. I will be knitting in my sleep.

I also have a FO, sorry not socks but a bogga bag for myself and it is my second felted project to boot. I'm unsure how many more I'll make cause knitting the icord really bites. I fell asleep last night working on it, hehe. Here's a pic before felting, that will be done tomorrow once all my laundry is finished.



I also casted on for a little hat for one of the little guys too using Nature Spun, hopefully get that done by the weekend and stash it away as a pressie at Christmas. I'm thinking hats and possibly mittens for the two little guys for their Christmas gifts and for Jordan and Robert, socks. Cross your knitting needles, I mean fingers and hope these projects get done. I'd also like to get 3 pairs of Fetching done for Justice's teacher and teacher's aides as well. They look easy and what awesome stash busters too. Any other ideas on some quick knits I could use for giftees?? Anyone?

Back to the sweat shop, I mean living room for some more knitting. Happy knitting everyone!



1 Comments:

Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I wonder, since your package is coming overseas if it wasn't shipped via ground - meaning it would go across the ocean in a boat. If so, that takes forever and a day - or so I'm told. It's usually cheaper to send that way, but it takes to long in my opinion.

Love the way your Booga bag looks - the way the yarn is patterned. Can't wait to see it when it is finished felting.

9:56 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home