Friday, August 03, 2007

Changes, are they good or bad..

We will have to wait and see. The last couple weeks have been just crazy and I'm waiting to see if we'll get thru everything in one piece.

First off, hubby decided a few weeks back that it was time to move on and no longer manage the liqour store he's been at for the past 6 years. Being a nice guy and the fact he is employed from who he thought was his best friend he let him know right away of his intentions. That didn't go to well, feelings were hurt and after hubby and I going over the time and effort he's put into his job with getting no overtime and just recently received health benefits it just wasn't worth it. Not to mention the crappy staff he has to endure, them not showing up for shifts and hubby having to work them on top of his 60 hour work week with no over time. I am happy to report that hubby has a new and better job, that is unionized with a pension/benefits/overtime and the option to work extra shifts. I'm very happy that this wasn't torpedoed like the last time he tried to leave the liqour store for something better. A long story short is that said friend has shown his true colors(something I knew all along but hubby denied)he's a dick to put it nicely and we are moving on without the false friend. I'd like to say more and have been debating on what to say in my blog over the last week and a half but everytime I tried to write something very nasty came out so it was better just not to post.

Hubby took his physical the other day and passed, got the good news that he has the job and will be starting on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday here in Canada. His first work week is only 40 hours, they usually work 3-12 hour shifts, 3 days off, 2-12 hour nights and just keep rotating. Works out to more time off and more money with the overtime and pay increase and job security. All in all things are looking much better for us considering the few minor setbacks we have had to endure.

On the knitting front, I've received a few packages from The Sweet Sheep of fibery goodness for my Knitter's Vacation Swap Pal, Hogwarts Sock Swap 2 pal and a little cheer me up goodies for moi. I finished my Sockapalooza socks, pics to follow when Jordan brings home his camera. I'll be mailing my package out tomorrow, have to go to Cuppers to grab my pal some coffee and other yummy goodies.

On the reading front, I've almost finished book 5 of the Harry Potter series. Hubby will be grabbing the 6th book tomorrow for me but it doesn't look like I'll be seeing the movie till it comes out on video. With Jordan working evenings and hubby working days we just can't get it together for him to watch the kids and I don't want to go alone. Ahh well, just another thing to add to my wishlist, hehe.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bubblesknits said...

Well, it sounds like he made a change for the better. Hopefully things will settle down for y'all.

I just finished book 6 of HP...I can't wait to start 7!

8:33 p.m.  
Blogger Delusional Knitter said...

I am currently on book 5 as well! Then I need to catch up on 6 and then I can finally read the final one that just came out! Happy Reading :o)

4:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for DH - mine just left the company he has worked at for 17 YEARS for similar reasons and is very happy with his new position.

10:44 p.m.  
Blogger Marie said...

Greetings from your Sockapalooza recipient! I got the package yesterday but it took me until today to figure out your url (I thought the 2 was a d...) I love the socks! Thank you so much for the whole package, I love it all. I'm going to write a post w/photos once I get my kids to bed, but I wanted to say thanks!

9:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home