Thursday, May 24, 2007

Friday's Hogwarts Socks Update, more socks and mail...Woot!



We have Ravenclaw socks in progress for the Hogwarts Sock Swap, these babies were just started on Tuesday. I couldn't resist the temptation anymore and had to wind up the yarn Tuesday night. I managed to get both cuffs done and a couple repeats(basic stockinette on 2.5mm) on one sock for the leg before going to bed. I am ready to turn the heel on one sock and on the second color repeat on the second. A big thanks to Carrie over at Cosmic Fibers for the wonderful job she did on the yarn. Hubby is also hinting for his socks too, he's getting trapped bars in Ravenclaw(he took the sorting quiz too)also from Cosmic Fibers. If you missed out this round of Hogwarts Socks Swap, sign ups will start July 14 for Round 2.

I have also been knitting on Ellen's socks and the STR medium weight is just great to work with. My Aunt's Hederas are 3/4 of the way finished and must get them done before my Aunt gets here the middle of next month. Yes, Hubby's Aunt Margaret and Uncle Dave are coming for a visit. This will be the first time meeting them for myself and the kids. Hubby hasn't seen them since he was a kid too. They will be here for a week and staying at the RV campground down the street so I won't have to worry about entertaining 24/7.


I also received a package yesterday from Rebecca for her contest she had and in it is a gorgeous skein of Alchemy silk/wool(my first skein of this) and I'm loving it. Thanks Rebecca!!

Time to knit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marigold said...

The stripes are coming out nicely!

3:37 p.m.  
Blogger Your Sock Friend ;-) said...

Those Hogwarts socks are lookin' GREAT!!!

And yours are almost finished... I'm excited... I hope you are, too...

12:47 a.m.  
Blogger Knittymama said...

So glad you like it! :-)

3:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home