Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Holy Crap!

Yes, that's what I've been up to my armpits in plus vomit. It all started on Friday the 13th, Collin started vomiting and had the poops. I had a bad feeling it was the take out we had the day before and since we rarely have it I chalked it up to that. So, yesterday rolls around still no improvement and I'm watching for any signs of dehydration and sure enough by 2:30pm I was sitting in the Emergency at the hospital with Collin and Justice(hubby was at work)waiting to be seen. An hour passes and finally after the cleared out some beds we got in. After getting checked out by the Doc, blood work(in case of diabetes, thankfully turned up normal), he got a shot of gravol in the butt and a script for Immodium all for the Stomach Flu. Man, I tell you everytime this little guy gets sick it is always the worst it can be. Hubby and I are ready to get a bubble for him so he has no contact with germs. Today, he's up and about, drinking and eating a bit with no vomiting. He has gotten some of the color back in his face and looks like everything should be back to normal for the weekend, fingers crossed.


So with all the crap going on I've barely knit a stitch on my Hocrux socks and I'm half way done the foot on the first sock. I did have a chance to go thru some of my yarn and decided to weed out what I'll never use.

EDIT: Mohair is spoken for, TY.
Anyone want some free Mohair Yarn?
I've got a couple of bags going to the hospital for the knitters there and Blankets of Canada too. I'm kinda unsure if the knitters at the hospital would use "Pingouin Soft'Hair" it's 50% mohair, 25% wool and 25% acrylic in lime green and 121 yards in the 50 gram ball. I've got 8 up for grabs and since I'm not a huge fan of mohair, makes me itch plus it gives me the heeby jeebies(reminds me of spiders, lol). Anyone out there that can put it to use, it is all yours, just leave a comment with your email addy and I'll get back to you for your snail mail addy. Here's a pic of my Hocrux sock and the mohair yarn.



I did get some great news today, had a chance to look at a couple of blogs before posting and I WON a contest of at Knittymama's blog. That is so sweet, first blog contest I've won. Thanks Knittymama!!

Time to make lunch for the kids.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lizardknits said...

Congrats on your win!

2:24 p.m.  
Blogger Your Sock Friend ;-) said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your sick little one. It's so terrible! My thoughts are with him, and you... the two ps (poop and puke) are NO FUN.

10:48 p.m.  
Blogger Secret Knitter 2007 said...

Awww...I do hope your son is feeling much better now. And I hope no one else gets sick either. Definately not fun!

Congrats on winning the contest. Isn't it fun?

Your socks are looking awesome! I'd take the mohair stuff off your hands...but then you'd know who I am, hehehe.

7:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home