Friday, April 13, 2007

Hocrux Socks Finished!

i'm in slytherin!



My MIL's Hocrux socks are finished. I was up till 1 am this morning finishing those off. In total I think it took 2 weeks to knit these worsted weight socks up, sheesh and it only took 2 days to whip up a pair of fingering weight for the Socktopia contest, unbelievable. The pattern is awesome, loving it but the Galway in the dark burgandy, not loving it. Here's a pic of the Hocrux socks before they are stashed till Christmas.


In other knitting news I frogged my Cherry Tree Hill socks, just wasn't loving the basic sock pattern for the yarn. I did cast on for another pair of Hocrux socks in fingering weight using the Patons Kroy my SP10 pal sent. I've got the cuff done and just going to start the leg and it is looking awesome. I also ordered the sock yarn for my Hogwarts Sock Pal , woot, can't wait to get started on those.

Not much else going on, just alot of knitting and organizing the house. If it wasn't so windy today I could have got my windows started but the last thing I needed was dust blowing in. Well, better get my swap mail boxed and ready to go for tomorrow.

Happy Knitting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Secret Knitter 2007 said...

Your MIL's socks look wonderful, and I can't wait to see what you're making with the yarn I sent. They should look pretty!

7:24 p.m.  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Well, you are going to be our resident HORCRUX socks expert! They are on my list to try. I'm thinking about using them for my Hogwarts Pal!

7:43 a.m.  
Blogger Your Sock Friend ;-) said...

Cool horcrux socks!

7:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home