Wednesday, April 11, 2007

When it Rains/Snows, it pours Mail!

Woot, finally after all the wait I received some of the mail I've been waiting for. My regular parcel delivery gal and her hubby are on holidays so they are pretty backed up on their routes. Now, if they weren't on holidays both know how much my packages of yarn means to me so they usually pop by first thing(7-9 am), lol. Yesterday it was after 5pm when the sub came by and I have some fibery goodness to share.


First off, Super Huge Thank You to my Secret Pal 10. You so rock! So, I opened the box and low and behold there are 2 skeins of Patons Kroy in Winter Eclipse. This is the yarn I've been looking for since I made Collin's socks and have had no luck on ebay or other yarn stores. My Aunt didn't even have anymore in her stash or at the stores down her way. I also received a pair of cable needles(always needed), picture keychain, 2 "T" post it notes and a "Footprints in the Sand" notepaper. Oops, forgot the gummies which almost didn't make the pic, lol.

My other packages I can't show you all because it's for swaps, SP10, Knitter's Treat and possibly my Sockapalooza pal's socks. Yes, I signed up for Sockapalooza last night and yesterday morning I squeezed into(I was #88) the Hogwarts Sock Swap. I am so looking forward to knitting those socks. I also volunteered to Angel in Sockapalooza, what the heck, I enjoy knitting for those who really appreciate it.



I also found my STR Xmas Rock socks(my first pair of STR socks) which have been missing in action for the past 5 months. I thought my oldest made off with them but I found them nicely folded and sitting in between blankets in the closet. What a relief!

Time to get knitting before I make lunch. The dreaded Galway worsted weight socks are almost finished, just have less than half the foot and those can be stashed till Christmas. Sheesh, if I was thinking I could have used the Colinette Cadenza I had ordered.

Edit: I just checked the mailbox and I received another gift from my Secret Pal. Check it out, gorgeous stitchmarkers and some Tim Horton's gift certificates, cause I gotsta have my coffee, lol. Woot! Thanks so much Secret Pal, You are the Best!! Awesome day or what.

2 Comments:

Blogger Secret Knitter 2007 said...

So glad you like everything :o) I like that colourway too, the Winter Eclipse and have some in my own stash as well. Can't wait to see the socks you knit with it!

I didn't plan on the stitch markers (that I made just for you) and Tim's gift certificates to get there on the same day as the parcel. They were supposed to get there first...to spread the joy out over a few days. Enjoy :o)

3:08 p.m.  
Blogger Rebecca said...

What a wonderful Secret Pal you have! I would have enjoyed opening a box like that, too! I hope you have just as much fun in the Hogwarts Sock Swap! :-)

1:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home