Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Back from Vacation, well sorta..

I'm back, took a mini at home vacation away from Real Life and wow was that ever needed. The boys and I decided after the past 2 months of running around, preparing for company, kindergarten grad, play dates etc, etc it was time to take a vacation away from all of that. I took a break away from the computer and read the first 3 Harry Potter books and watch the 3 movies and have started on book 4 in hopes to get book 5 done before next week to see the movie. I've also watched a few other movies, got 3 pairs of socks knit, injured my thumb during that time, lol and worked on the tan. The boys and I have been having a blast and I've managed to sleep in till 8 or 9 am some days(that's a big deal for me since I usually get up at 7am).


So, you wanna know what is up with the push to read the books? I'll tell you a little secret, I've never read any of the books before last month or seen the movies. Well I did see a bit of the first one and Jordan is not into Harry Potter(he's a Lemony Snicket fan) and hubby is a LOTR's fan boy so there hasn't been an interest or urgency to see or read the books till I joined the Hogwart's Sock Swap. I am officially a Harry Potter fan(I can't believe it took so long for me to read the books), the books have been a great read and the movies are fun. The best part is getting together the special giftees for this swap, shh, I'll tell you a little secret, I bought my pal a wand(also got one for myself, couldn't resist). It just arrived today after being held up in customs, thankfully they did not open the packages but I'm sure they got a good laugh, lol. The stitchmarkers I made for the swap turned out fabulous, exactly how I pictured them. Now I just have to gather an owl, hopefully not Errol, I can't wait!


I have picked up some things for the Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap already. Yarn is on order, Vulcan ears have been purchased as well as other fun gifts. We will be making a visit to the museum and Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden on the weekend so we will see what other cool goodies can be found.




Robyn the great gal I was spoiling for SP10 received her reveal and the package I sent for her son Sean. I made them matching socks, hehe and even had enough yarn left over for her to make a square or two for his mitred blanket. This was a really great swap, both up and downstream pals are awesome ladies so I think I'll be popping over to sign up for SP11 before I forget, lol.
Well, I think I babbled enough for now so I'm off to sign up/read blogs/knit and bbq.

2 Comments:

Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Hey Tammy.

Thanks again for everything, you rock! Love love love the socks. They're so cute on Sean, but he just wants to eat them! Handdyed yarn apparently he likes the taste of, lol.

I love your south park pic for your blog pic. I always get a laugh whenever I see it. (We own Seasons 1-7 of South park on DVD). South Park, Simpsons and Seinfeld are the Seasons we collect!

Have a good rest of the week! Looking forward to more fun in S11. (I'm hostessing again!)

10:48 p.m.  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I really love the matching socks you made for Robyn and Sean!

Glad you enjoyed your little vacation. We all just need to get away sometimes - even if it's only to stay home and do "nothing". I enjoy those times!

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be joining SP11 due to going to Korea in August. Need to save my money for that, especially since they said it might take a little while for us to get our first pay cheque...want to make sure I have enough money to live on for the first month at least. I will more than likely join SP12...just have to keep watching for signups for it - maybe you and Robyn can keep me updated and let me know when that takes place.

6:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home