Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Super bad blogger

Holy crap, I missed saying "Happy New Year" to everyone. Happy belated New Year!

Wow, can't believe it is 2007. Well, we had a great Christmas, the first real super duper Christmas Rob and I have had since getting together almost 11 years ago. Every Christmas we had sucked up until this one. A long story short, either Rob was away on the rigs, someone died, someone was injured(me, burns on arms from hot water and spent Christmas eve in emergency and doped up on T3's for the week after), or either myself or one of the kids or all of us were sick. This Christmas the boys were getting over their bronchitis, I had sinusitis but things went super well. No uninvited guests or family, yes that may not be nice to say but dealing with my family it is a blessing when they are not around, lol. Rob's parents went to Vegas for Christmas and to ensure they stayed there we bought them a couple tickets to see Wayne Newton, lol.

The boys, all 4 of them got lots of kool gifts and I got a ball winder and swift(yes, I did not have either, lol and am really tired of winding by hand), perfume and other lotions, socks, cd's and movies. My Aunt Margaret sent a bunch of yarn, some Soy wool from paton's as well as patterns for felting, oh don't forget the sock yarn and mittens.

While on the topic of sock yarn, I did a little Boxing Day shopping online, since hubby had to work I was stuck at home. I picked up 5 skeins of sock yarn(trekking, haven't tried yet and Schaefer Anne), 3 skeins of alpaca and 3 skeins of lace weight yarn. Woot!! Nice haul and had my shopping done by 5 am boxing day, lol.

I'll post some pics in the next day or two of my haul plus some fo's for 2006. I managed to get an angora scarf knit up for Justice's teacher plus a pair of fetching for one of the aides and the purple lace scarf I had stashed for a "just in case I don't have time to knit gift" was given to the other aide. It was unbelievable, on Dec. 21, Justice's birthday and last day of K for the year I was knitting away on the angora scarf, got everything wrapped when hubby showed up after class and he ran back to the school and dropped off the giftees. What a guy, he told them it was his mistake and he forgot the pressies in the van, gotta love him for taking the hit on that one, lol.

I also have a scarf made for Justice, just straight garter stitch and a pair of socks for Jordan made for Christmas. Now I'm just working on socks for my Aunt(belated B-day gift) in my own pattern designed for her, socks for hubby and a scarf for Collin.

Well, time to get the kids ready for bed. Happy knitting everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Happy New Year!

8:54 a.m.  
Blogger Jodie said...

I got my Mitt Kit! Thanks you so much! It's the best swap package I've ever recieved. I can't wait to get started on the pattern, and I have to go eat some chocolate now. :) I'll be sure to post about it on my blog.

12:27 p.m.  
Blogger Tammy said...

I am so happy that you like your kit. I had a blast getting everything together and the bag was alot of fun to knit.

7:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home