Tuesday, October 25, 2005

More Socks and Yarn, sssshhhh don't tell the hubby!



Friday I finally got my refund from the Brick after a ton of hassle sending emails and faxes and receiving no response. I received a call from the store manager here in Lethbridge, Chris, you know the one who was a jerk, well he let me know that they could do the refund immediately and all I had to do was stop by with my debit card to have the funds transferred to my account. Mmmmmm well this could have been taken care of last Saturday when we demanded our money back, it took 3 faxes and 2 emails over the course of the week to get the refund. I do believe someone got chewed out for that sale gone wrong.

Paid bills and did a little shopping at our LYS, The Needlecraft Cupboard and this is what I got. ssssshhhhh, hubby hasn't seen the bill yet or shall I say never will, evidence destroyed MWUHAAHAAAHAAAHAA.

I picked up a skein of elsebeth lavold Silky Wool #5 Lava, a gorgeous purple and sooo soft. 2 balls of Grignasco Merinogold in a Navy Blue for hubby's Xmas surprise socks and last but not least 2 skeins of Lopi Spun #8 and 1 skein of Merino Wool in the Damask Rose colorway and all 3 skeins are Handpainted by Virginia van Santen of Painted Yarns which I managed to pick up at the LYS. I already have 2 skeins of the Lopi #8 which I hope to make a felted bag in the near future, I'm seeing middle of next year, lol and a skein of the sock yarn, can't remember the # but it has some purples(see Sept. 29 post).

I think it is time to sort through my stash and see what I have or don't have. I have been shopping like a mad woman for sock yarn and I'm only on my second pair. Yes, cast on for the second pair Friday evening, got the first sock past the heel and decided to call it a night. No knitting Saturday or Sunday but finished said sock on Monday and a perfect fit for my little guy Collin, they are his "Spaceman Socks", he is so cute. Cast on the match last night and I'm finishing the heel so hopefully he will have a complete pair for Thursday.

I signed up for the second sock syndrome swap with the Townsend Socks Knitalong and an Xmas swap with the monthly dishcloths(knitalong). My partner for the SSSS is Shara and I will be exchanging with Norma for the Xmas dishcloth swap. Both yahoo groups I had found on other blogs and they are great.

Sent off another SP6 package and making up the last package. She/He has been so much fun to shop for.

Happy crafting everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home