Thursday, September 15, 2005

Socks, SP6 and More Yarn!!!! Yehhhhh...

Well the past 24 hours have been pretty darn good.

I found out who I was going to be a secret pal too last night. I immediately went to her blog and found out we have quite abit in common. We both have dogs, love Christmas and have the same favorite colors. So, instead of going to bed early last night I spend almost 3 hours checking online stores for some nifty gifties I could send my pal. Boy do I love shopping, especially for someone else and this is a total bonus because it is for someone who has the same interests. This is really going to be a great experience.

On the knitting front, I started my socks today (2nd attempt at socks) using regia 4ply(blue striping)on 2.5mm needles. I know, another knitting project on the go and I still have the afghan and shawl going but these were the ones I started weeks ago and was not happy with them. This time I am doing both socks on dpns(2 sets) so cross your fingers they will be the same size and I don't get stuck at the heel.

I received a package today from Aunt Margaret and it was a box of sock yarn. I got some Regia, Patons Kroy, Bernat Sox and some cotton sock yarn in awesome colors. I'll try to get my socks done this weekend and start in on some socks for my little guys. They checked out the yarn and have picked out colors for their own socks. It is so cute how they appreciate something handmade from mom, hopefully that will never change. My oldest, Jordan took a look and I asked him if he wanted a pair and he's going to pass, he's too cool right now for something handmade from mom. What can you do, he's 15 years old.

Well back to the socks, I'll finish the cuffs tonight and work on the leg tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home