Wednesday, September 07, 2005

SP6 "The Questionnaire" Hi Secret Pal!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I learned on acrylic and probably would never give it up. Just started dabbling in the over $3.00 a ball stuff, cotton is awesome to work with, so is the wool, boy was I missing out.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I crochet, self taught a few years ago and don't spin, yet......

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Dust, pollen, all the fun outdoor stuff and very strong perfumes ie: Poison, other than that nothing else.

4. How long have you been knitting?
20 years, wow, never occured to me that it was that long!

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Froogle & Amazon here's the link.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Anything soft and flowery or Vanilla/baking smells, mmmmmmm

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Who doesn't, I have a milk chocolate tooth, actually love everthing except Black Licorice.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I sew, quilt, embroidery and paint pewter miniatures(fantasy type).

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Love the 80's(now that is dating myself), 60's, for new stuff it is Creed, Nickelback, Blink 182 and country. I have a cd player and it plays MP3's.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I gravitate towards the deep colors, burgandy, hunter green, dark blues and black. I do love all colors except fluorescent colors.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm a wife/sahm of 3 boys, Jordan-15yrs, Justice-4yrs and Collin-3yrs and mommy to 2 female daschunds, Xena and Barky.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To win the lotto and open the biggest yarn/fiber store ever. Now back to reality, hopefully open a small shop after the little guys are in school and do what I love, knitting.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Anything different, love the chenille(lionbrand), sirdar snowflake was fun, just starting to use the natural fibers.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Haven't met one I haven't liked yet, I even like the boa/fun fur stuff too.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I love shawls, just started my first one and loving it and anything for my kids.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Scarves and mittens for my little guys, also dishcloths, fast and easy to make.

17. What are you knitting right now?
Lace Shawl, Afghan for myself, socks(first pair) and another dishcloth.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
I think they are cute, don't have one yet.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I use both depending on the project and if I have the circular needle(don't have many but working on that.)

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I've only ever used aluminum(I think it's aluminum, the Susan Bates ones).

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Just started my 1st one and loving it.

22. How did you learn to knit?
My grandmother taught me when I was 10 years old, just the basic cast on, purl and knit. What I know now I've learned from books and the good ole internet.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
6 months, still working on the afghan.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Love Daschunds and Batman (gotta love Christian Bale) & Spiderman

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, I love the crafting and baking part the best. I try to give my kids and hubby at least one handmade item every year.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Besides yarn, needles, crochet hooks, fabric, I collect Myth and Magic figurines and anything Medieval related ie: Knights, unicorns, dragons.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Creative Knitting

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Yarn Harlot's books, Folk Shawls and Folk Socks books.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another???
Berroco 225 Scarves & More, Cabin Fever Leaflet 078-Evening in Eden, Cabin Fever Leaflet 302-The Ridgeway Pullover. Actually I'd love any type of shawl/scarf patterns, they are all so beautiful and I now have the confidence to knit with the more delicate yarns ;)

30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
My foot measurements are 9 3/4 from heel to toe. My preference is anything that isn't a long leg (I get those from my aunt), and for colors anything wild including stripes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home