Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Where do I begin




How about a big "Thank You" to my Hogwarts Sock Swap Pal Shannah from Hufflepuff sent me some awesome socks that fit like a glove. They arrived this morning and wow is that owl tired coming all the way from Texas. Shannah also sent a very gorgeous set of stitchmarkers, size 0's bamboo needles(can't get them here in Lethbridge) and some Diakeito silk in black, hmmm those are going to be fabulous socks. Thanks again Shannah, I'm still only half way thru book 6 but these socks should help me stay on track, hehe. I've worn them most of the day today and they are so comfy :).

I've also joined Monkey Swap 3, couldn't resist since I missed the sign ups for SP 11. I just can't believe it is already the middle of August, where did July go? But lucky me I've almost finished all the back to school shopping, just need runners, Kleenex and film for both boys and I'm finished. Got their haircuts today, I'll post pics of them tomorrow when we are out and about.

I've also got some more neat gifts for my Knitter's Vacation Swap Pal this past week. Tomorrow it is a trip to Fort Whoop Up for more sight seeing and goodies, the boys love that place. Maybe even a trip to the museum depending on how much time we spend at the Fort. I'll be sure to post some pics before I send it out.


Here's a pic of the socks I made for my Sockapalooza pal Marie who just received her package.


And as promised here's a pic of the goodies I bought last month, well some of them anyway(just the really good stuff, hehe). I've got some Cherry Tree Hill in Pink, Fleece Artist Nova Socks in Sorbet, 3 skeins of Seacost Handpainted in Cherry Fizz, Taffy and Penstemon. The second pic has some Louet Gems Fingering in Pink Panther, Shamrock(for Slytherin socks I'm designing) and C*eye*ber Fiber laceweight in Dream for my Knitter's Vacation Swap pal. The last pic is some Sunshine Yarns goodness in Hedgwig and Indie. Yes I went a little overboard but I really needed to replenish my stash after giving my Aunt so much, hehe. I know excuses, excuses. I did get free shipping and also had to order yarn for my Hogwarts 2 Swap pal who's socks I have finished designing and just starting the test knit pattern. Ohh I can't wait and hope she likes them.





Now for an update on what I've been up to, well I've been doing some designing and getting everything down on paper. Wow, the ideas I have had the last few weeks have just been amazing. I think I'm going to have to look into test knitters because I just can't get all those knit up in a year. So far I'm looking at 10 patterns the last two weeks plus the others I have written up but not knitted. I casted on for my Hogwarts Pal's socks but using different colors for the test run. So far the cuff looks awesome, lol. I've also been reading and playing World of Warcraft, our guild is raiding Kara every Thursday and Sunday night so that is a few hours of fun time for me and I do get some knitting in when we take a break or setting up, lol. Sorry to everyone who's tried to contact me, I have been working on the laptop mainly which doesn't have my main email. I'd like to send out a Congratz to Robyn for her new business "Robyn's Nest", go on over and check it out.

Hubby is having a good time at work. It really is kind of weird now after 6 years of the same job and him calling me during the day(many times during the day) and now nothing. I see him off and hear nothing for 12 hours and the first few days it really bothered me but now I've been so productive. Yeah I've still got the kids and the home to deal with but without the phone calls it has just given me a few more hours of time for my designing/knitting/reading. It does work out to him being home more which I don't mind and the kids are loving the new hours too. Hubby has been really supportive of my designing too but still is unwilling to take up knitting so he can be one of my test knitters, hehe.

Time for bed, kids have a dentist appointment in the morning at 8am. Happy Knitting!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bubblesknits said...

Have fun at the dentist! That's what the hubby and I do. Well, he's the dentist. I just help out whenever he needs me. :-)

I'm so glad to hear that you're designing some patterns! I can't wait to see some. And look at all that yummy yarn!!!

12:31 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to be a test knitter - especially if I get to play with all that yummy yarn in your pics!

8:14 a.m.  
Blogger Shannah said...

SOOOOOO glad your socks got there, AND that they fit!!! I'm glad you like them, too.

4:43 p.m.  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Thanks for the mention of my site!

Your yarn looks delicious!

3:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home